Techkon SpectroDens Premium spectro densitometer (used) - sold
- Made to order
This item was sold and is no longer available.
This densitometer was used for demonstration purposes at distributor. The desitometer is in an excellent condition as new.
Using measurement technology for quality assurance in print is a universally accepted practice these days.SpectroDens is your all-purpose, modern measurement device. Whether it be in pre-print for verifyingproofs, for ongoing quality control at the printing press, during delivery inspection of paper and printproducts or in a color lab, SpectroDens is exceptionally suitable, whatever your application. Thanks to theindividually adjustable display functions, you can quickly set up the device for your particular job.
As a spectro-densitometer, Spectro-Dens combines the qualities of a highly accurate spectro-photometer and an easy-to-use densitometer.Measurement is spectral, i. e. the entire color information – the spectral fingerprint of the color – is preciselyregistered. The measured spectral data is converted into measurement data for descriptive analysisand display:a) Densitometric data is widely used in quality control during the printing process.
b) Colorimetric data is used in the evaluation of print proofs, the creation of color profilesin color management and the color matching and formulation of inks.
A push of a button provides you with solid density as well as all useful additional information such as dotgain, dot area, gray balance and print contrast. In the automatic measurement mode the device always displaysthe relevant information instantly. You can even quickly and easily produce complete characteristicprinting curves. The spectral measurement technology calculates not only density values for CMYK, butalso exact data for the density of spot colors.
All standard colorimetric functions are displayed clearly. Even the entire CIE L*a*b* color circle appears inthe display. Reference colors and complete digital color books can be saved in the color library.
The device works strictly according to the standards valid for the graphic industry. Select different statusfilters for density measurement among the device settings. A special technical feature is the polarizationfilter which can be activated via the push of a button.
The SpectroConnect software supplied with thedevice explicitly displays measurement data on a computer monitor. Measurement data can be transferredinto Microsoft Excel™ or other applications. The integrated color library is especially easy to use. Forexample, you can load complete “digital color books” into the device. The software also serves as the connectingmodule for other applications, e. g. programs for the production of characteristic printing curvesor colorimetric quality control.
SpectroDens devices come in three types of performance packages: The model Basic with theessential density functions, the Advanced version which adds extended densitometry functions,colorimetry and a color library and as the flagship model the comprehensive Premium device. Thedevices can be upgraded post-purchase to higher performance levels by program upload.
Please note: this product is the Premium version of the SpectroDens device series.
SpectroDens Premium Functions
- Automatic density
- Density CMYK (with reference measurements)
- Dot area, dot gain, print contrast
- Gray and color balance
- Ink trapping to Preucil
- Characteristic printing curve
- Spectral density for spot colors
- Trend function ExPresso mini
- Slur/doubling value
- Dot area to Yule-Nielsen
- Ink trapping to Brunner and Ritz
- Density spectrum
- CIE L*a*b*, ?E*a*b*, CIE XYZ, CIE color circle
- Remission spectrum
- Color library
- GrayGuide according to Gracol G7™
- CIE L*C*h*ab, CIE L*u*v*, CIE L*C*h*uv, CIE xyY, DIN Lab99
- delta E*cmc, delta E*CIE94, delata E*CIE2000
- ISO-Check: Color control acc. to ISO 12647
- InkCheck: Evaluation of spot colors
- Metamery index
- Whiteness, yellowness
- Pass-/fail tolerance, average
- Ugra/Fogra media wedge evaluation
Product Package Contents
- Measurement device SpectroDens
- Charging console with white standard and AC-adapter with universal plugs
- Carrying case
- USB cable
- CD with software SpectroConnect
- Manual with ISO 9000 compliant certificate
- Measurement technology:
- Spectral remission measurement and color density determination to ISO 5-3/4
- Measurement geometry:
- 0/45° optics to DIN 5033
- Spectral range:
- 400 to 700 nm in 10 nm steps
- Measurement aperture:
- 3 mm round standard; Optional: 1.5 mm round, 3 mm round with UV-Cut filter
- Light source:
- Gas-filled lamp, type A illumination
- Polarization filter:
- Twice linear crossed, switched on and off per button release
- Measurement time:
- Approx. 1 second per measurement
- White reference:
- Absolute and relative; absolute white standard integrated and protected in charging console
- Illumination types / Standard observer:
- A, C, D50, D65, F 2/7/11 / 2°, 10°
- Density filter:
- DIN 16536, DIN 16536 NB, ISO/ANSI T, ISO/ANSI I, ISO E, Dmax (only Advanced, Premium)
- Density measurement range:
- 0.00 D – 2.50 D
- 0.01 D; 0.03 CIE delta E*a*b*
- Inter-instrument agreement:
- 0.01 D; 0.3 CIE delta E*a*b*
- High-contrast, LCD-graphic backlight display, 240 x 160 pixels,16 gray levels
- Power supply:
- Rechargeable NiMH battery, regulated recharge via charging console with AC adapter,100 – 240 V, 47 – 63 Hz, up to 10.000 measurements per battery charge, battery level control
- 520 grams
- 65 x 65 x 190 mm (approx. 2.6 x 2.6 x 7.5 inch)
- System requirements for software SpectroConnect::
- Windows XP, Vista or 7